Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Reads That Are Meant To Be Shared



"It was not the sea that was cruel, but the people." ~ The Lifeboat

Here's what I'm not: a cook, a house decorator, a runner. Here's what I am: a reader, a novice birder, a lover of the library.  

When Mother's Day arrived on Sunday, the children were quick with hugs and wishes for a fun filled day of reading and birding. I'm blessed with knowing they know me, and they accept and love me as I am. They don't focus on what I'm not - they cherish what makes me their mom. At least, that's my hope.


"Love is the only thing that cannot hurt your neighbor; that is why 
it is the answer to every one of the commandments." ~ Letter of Saint Paul

The library does the same thing - they cherish our individual passions and ideas. Rather than push the latest fashion or agenda, they offer a variety of old and new. I see them as the anti-agenda, a place to escape what others are either wanting or expecting of me. Best of all, the emphasis is on sharing rather than spending. 

"Word by word, the language of women so often begins 
with a whisper." ~ When Women Were Birds

Please share - what borrowed beauty are you reading right now?

xoxo Michele

Why buy happiness when your library shares it. Free music downloads through Freegal E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information.

2 comments:

Lula said...

I need to check this out! The titles are already interesting!

Jensamom23 said...

What a blessing to have your family know you so well. Love it!