Sunday, April 14, 2013

Borrowing Beauty For A Friend

"How much sweeter life would be if it all happened in reverse, 
if, after decades of disappointments, you finally arrived at 
an age when you had conceded nothing, 
when everything was possible.” 
                                                                     ~The Age Of Miracles

Can I brag on my local librarian a bit? Saturday I was in need of some borrowed beauty for a friend that can't drive for the next four weeks. But I was stressing out trying to find the right chapter books. She's well read - more so than me. Really.
 
Bev, our children's librarian, effortlessly selected books I fancied reading as well. Your local librarians want to do the same for you, and your friends, and your family.  
 
Borrow The Beauty. Keep The Knowledge. Library.
 
xoxo Michele 
 
 
Why buy happiness when your library shares it. Free music downloads through Freegal E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information.
 




1 comment:

Jill @ Craft in a Northern Town said...

I just finished The Distant Hours by Kate Morton and one of the best lines out of the book is "After all, it's the librarian's sworn purpose to bring books together with their one true reader." One of the girls in my book club brought it up and we had a whole long discussion about it.