Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Love the Wisdom In The Waiting


In the American world of own and now, I revel in the sharing of borrowed beauty. 

I desired a few new books for Lent and was tempted to buy a few when I couldn't immediately pull them from the library shelves. But when I discovered Wisdom in the Waiting on the library computer, my heart told me to wait. The book arrived on the hold shelf for me today, and ~ oh sweet readers ~ the prayers tucked away in these short stories was just what I needed.

We don't own acreage, we live in town, and my children may never know what it's like to raise chickens or grow a sustaining garden. But they have a mom that prefers walking over riding, reading over watching, borrowing over buying. 

Spring and the sacred days of Easter - may the wonders of this season be an encouragement to slow down and savor the wisdom in the waiting.

xoxo Michele

Why buy happiness when your library shares it. Free music downloads through Freegal E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information.
 

3 comments:

ginny said...

I love your blog. I open it and another tab with my library's book request page. I check out just about every book you mention. thanks so much!!

Michele said...

Thanks, Ginny! Love to hear that you are using your library online - how could we live without it???

xomichele

Kathie Brown said...

Your children have a wise mother!