Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Ideal Bookshelf


One of my favorite authors, Alice Ozma, brought to my attention the new book, My Ideal Bookshelf. Our library has it on order (and I've put one on hold) but currently I'm stalking their website and swooning over the bookshelves of Roseanne Cash and some book clubbers who wanted their favorites painted. You can borrow the book from your local library or buy as a gift. How about a custom painting of your own ideal bookshelf? I'm hoping my husband will see this post and think of surprising me for Christmas.


But just in case he doesn't, mine would look something like this:


Which authors would your ideal bookshelf include?

I'm taking a holiday this week from the internet, but I never take a break from reading or photography, so you can find me over at Instagram. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

xoxo Michele

Why buy happiness when your library shares it. Free music downloads through Freegal E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information.

6 comments:

Carin Cullen said...

I saw that the other day too and am totally fascinated by it, but haven't had a chance to look around their site as much as I'd like. Are you on goodreads? would love to see what's on your bookshelf!

I am LOVD said...

Ayn Rand, without a doubt!

Jennie@gotmyreservations said...

What an interesting idea! Just in case your husband-prompting doesn't happen, you could always gather the favorite books from the library and take a beautiful photo of them (as you do). Carin's comment also reminds me that I need to start using Goodreads and Instagram more effectively on my blog. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Amy said...

I've wanted to read The Reading Promise for months now...seeing it on your list makes me think I should move it up to the top of my to-read pile. I love this idea of your own personal bookshelf - I would for sure have Jane Eyre, Rebecca, and Anne of Green Gables on mine!

Shelley Johannes said...

I keep seeing this around. So intriguing. I'd have to give more thought to mine, but some of mine would be:

Anne of Green Gables
Atlas Shrugged
Pride and Prejudice
Salinger, in general
The Book Thief
C.S. Lewis, in general
The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma (because I loved the story and all that it stands for)
Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead (my newest crush)
Definitely some funny, funny children's books,
like anything Oliver Jeffers,
Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen
Mustache by Mac Barnett


melissa Crytzer Fry said...

Oh what a great idea -- the book MY IDEAL BOOKSHELF, and the idea of a custom painting. I hope your hubby does pick up on the hint. What a fun painting -- so personalized -- to have in your home!

Mine would include authors like Beverly Cleary (who wrote to me twice when I was a star-struck kid who wanted to be a writer), Alice Hoffman, Sue Monk Kidd, and most recently Rachel Simon, Alma Katsu and Sarah McCoy, as well as Carolina DeRobertis and Emma Donoghue ... and of course, I'm always, always amazed by Shakespeare's talent.