Friday, October 5, 2012

Sharing Is A Sanctuary


A neighbor shared a shortcut to town with me. Ever since, we've been taking this path through the woods to school in the morning. Time spent in nature, even if it's only five minutes, has a profound effect on the spiritual start and structure of my day. It also prompted me to think about the concept of sharing in a new way.


Sharing is a sanctuary. 





Sharing is inhabitable. 


Like nature. Like home. A family. A community. A library. Sharing is a shelter from loneliness and isolation, from pride and importance of self. 


Sharing is structural. 

The beauty of nature, the growth of family, the strength of community comes from sharing space, ideas (conversation), and time.    

Sharing is the basic, essential framework for every home, habitat, community, and environment. Heck, sharing is what's happening in this precious boy's body right now in order for it to grow. 

I know a sanctuary that specializes in sharing, and everyone is welcome there. 


I'm swooning all over Wendell Berry 

They value ideas and help families and communities grow stronger. I hope you'll visit your local library this weekend (and save a few trees to boot).





Why buy happiness when your library shares it. Free music downloads through Freegal E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information.


1 comment:

Amy Sullivan said...

For real. Every time I come here, I'm inspired by y-o-u!