Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Simple Sock-Puppeting Solution



Have you heard about the author that was sock-puppeting his own books on Amazon while anonymously trashing competitive authors? 



Have you ever purchased a book based on reviews, read it, and wondered why it was given such favorable praise?



Did you know that authors can buy book reviews?




I have a swoony solution. Borrow books from the library first. 



Most of the great reads on my home shelves are purchased from the library book sale table, and only after I've read them



No-Man's Lands (I love this book)

They are precious memories for me, like photos of my family. Mementos of time spent with characters and countries I love. Meaningful beauty times infinity.

When you borrow beauty from the library, there is no buyers remorse. You can check out books, movies, cookbooks, magazines and my favorite: music. Pairing the various genres into themes can make every visit to the library an exciting adventure. 


In a world where we are constantly being told to spend, spend, spend, the library welcomes us to share, share, share.  

xoxo Michele

Why buy happiness when the library shares it. E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information. 


1 comment:

I am LOVD said...

Authors buying book reviews - I never would have thunk it. I can't tell you the thousands of dollars we have saved over the years thanks to our trusty library!