Wednesday, August 15, 2012

NCNY Day Three: {Resolutions}: Organization


In honor of NewChancesNewYear, we sat down as a family and thought about what we'd like to accomplish between the beginning of the school year and The Real New Year.


We wrote our resolutions on our initial. At the top of my list was organization. Thankfully, the library has borrowed beauty that encourages me and my lack of storage issues.


I got a tiny bit sidetracked with multiple clocks and fabulous bedside tables that can hold 100 books, but let's head back to storage. Here is what I learned: baskets are a library book's best friend.

Portable, visually appealing, they can hold an entire subject matter that I'm currently obsessing over.


I can buy the basket, and borrow the beauty it holds. Which means I can refill them with new borrowed beauty every week. Which also helps me remember to water the plants.


I also learned that shelves love windows. Why should walls have all the fun? If I go to Ikea, I'm coming home with a shelf. They make your house happy and the books told me it's like a sunny vacation without the sand. Just call me the book whisperer and we'll quickly move on.


The library is a great place to discover strategies for whatever your resolutions may be. You can check out hundreds of books, take pictures of what inspires you, and store them on a smoochie flash drive.

But I highly recommend reading this one first. 



You can find more NCNY inspiration here.

xoxo Michele

Why buy happiness when the library shares it. E-books, audio-books, and digital downloads are at your local library, just visit here or your local library website for complete information.

1 comment:

Jennie@gotmyreservations said...

Gotta get busy reading -- but my friends tell me retirement is stressing me out!