Monday, June 18, 2012

This Is A True Story, But Some Of The Facts Have Been Changed.


Carl picked our Father's Day movie, and boy was I excited when I read the title (not really). But I swoon when a movie surprises me; plucks me off the couch and glides our family through a marvelous adventure. And influences us to check out material like this from the local library (especially the book that inspired the movie):

                                            Birds In Fall  (heard this is a must read)

Another bonus: the movie inspired us to check out birds in our backyard. When I say "us" I really mean me. I'm the only nuthatch outside at 5:30 am looking for cardinals and bluejays....everyone else up at this hour is jogging quietly. Oh, and what about Rocket, you kindly inquire? His superspecial birding skill (incessant barking) make us the hugely popular tweet-seekers of the neighborhood. Which means making and sharing more of these frozen treats that I promise will be my next post.


"How is a story like a bird? It keeps us aloft. It flies."   ~ Brad Kessler


xoxo Michele 

4 comments:

I am LOVD said...

You blog title today had me in stitches! Wish I thought of those words...

Michele said...

I wish I could take the credit, but those are the opening lines for the movie. I heart Steve Martin and Jack Black and Owen Wilson - the best part was the entire family could enjoy it.

Pam - captured by our cameras said...

Per your recommendation, we watched this last night as a family. We were not disappointed. Thank you.

Michele said...

So happy you enjoyed it, Pam! You never know when making recommendations. Keeping in mind I had very, very low expectations with that movie - but loved it, especially enjoyed the interest it inspired in my daughter to pay more attention to the birds in our neighborhood.

xoxo michele