Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Sisters


I spent most of my childhood begging my mom for a sister. Okay, not really. But I did ask on occasion, especially after returning home from a sleepover at a friend's that had a sister or two. What I really wanted was an older, wiser, had already made all the mistakes so I could learn from her sister. The sharing of clothes and make-up, celebrated successes and scandalous secrets; the world of sisters seemed like magically imperfect perfection. 

I might have felt completely out of the sisterverse if not for the library. Jane Austen and Louisa May Alcott, Dodie Smith and Edith Nesbit, Laura Ingalls Wilder and even C.S. Lewis welcomed me into the sisterhood.

Which authors gave you sisters? Who were your favorite fictional sisters, then and now?

xoxo Michele 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Definitely Laura Ingalls Wilder. :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Michele said...

Yea for LIW - I grew up on her books and Landon's TV show.

xomichele