Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mad For Madagascar


Not too long ago our family of five couldn't afford to go to the movies. We would tell the kids it was infinitely more enjoyable to have air-popped popcorn and watch movies snuggled on the couch in our pj's, or attend a free outdoor movie on the town green. Truthfully, I missed going to theater, terribly. Me, me, me wanted the savory scent of buttery popcorn and movie trailers and the squishy sound my shoes would make upon entering and exiting the darkened cinema. 

But in the absence of extra finances I learned how to library, and what a priceless gift it has been for our family. We could borrow movies, music, books, be inspired to make craft and art projects, try new recipes and more. Our children are excited about the new Madagascar movie coming out this weekend, and we may take them to see Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria when they arrive at this reasonably priced and smoochie balconied theater. But in the meantime, I put together the following collection online and love how the library brings the real Madagascar to life for our family.

In Search Of Lemurs (exceptional book)
The Aye-Aye And I (I heart this author, he also wrote this)

These collections are endless - you can put them together for any subject or interest. I missed going to the movies, but I can't imagine not having the library. Lucky for all of us, this beauty only requires a library card. Where will you take your family today?

xoxo Michele 



1 comment:

I am LOVD said...

I love this post! It resonates with many of us movie lovers where theater prices have exceeded the joy. I just wish movie to DVD would be a bit quicker:-)