Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Giver




Nicholas will be the first to tell you he has been given much by us; his family, friends, pastors, teachers, coaches, scout leaders, and neighbors. But without question, second only to God and family, his biggest giver has consistently been the library. From cradle to the grave, he can library for life.

Do something completely risky today - take your children to the library. Or do what I do: meet with the children's librarian and ask about great reads that compliment your child's interests.



Nick put together a list of "required reading" for school over the summer, and The Giver is on the list for August. Is my rising 6th grader the only one that hasn't read the Harry Potter series yet? 



Live. Learn. Library.

xoxo Michele

2 comments:

Jensamom23 said...

Will request this one soon. Thanks!

Shelley. said...

Oooh, he has put together a great list. The Book Thief is one of my favorites of all time. I read it a year ago and I still think about it all.the.time! The Giver is also way up there on my mental list of faves.