Monday, May 21, 2012

Soul Sisters, Seattle, and Starbucks


A dear friend of my daughter's is moving to Seattle next week. Her excitement of a new adventure tempered by the impending distance of sweet soul sisters prompted a wave of memories for me about visiting that drop dead gorgeous city with girlfriends and frequenting Starbucks long before they became, you know, Starbucks

How does a local coffee hangout become an international obsession?


These are just six titles the library shares on Starbucks - there are plenty more. As I started reading this one, I realized there are life lessons here for me. Me and my daughter. My daughter and her friends. My daughter and herself.

Live. Learn. Library.
(And thank God for the invention of the internet so soul sisters stay that way.)


And just for the record, the only coffee I buy now is from Summit Coffee Company. They are local legends of all kinds of goodness.

xoxo Michele 

1 comment:

I am LOVD said...

Love Summit Coffee Company and I blame you for my obsession. So sad about your daughter's friend leaving for Seattle. Thank goodness for Facebook, e-mail, Skype, and Facetime! Technology will make it a bit easier.