Thursday, April 5, 2012

Making Clay {and Mimsy}

There are few things in life I enjoy more than how we spent Wednesday afternoon; in the kitchen making clay, singing poetry (yes - real and loud and silly), creating cherished memories with children. I'm blessed to be doing what I love. We are fashioning clay necklaces and bookmarks for Easter - and learning poetry at the same time.

Clay:
2  1/2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
Mix and play. You can use food coloring, but we like to wait until they dry and then paint. More mess = more wine for me later.

Poetry Out Loud:
Some poetry just pleads to be spoken or sung - think theatrically and you've just witnessed our family life in a nutshell. Here are a few of our favorites from the library:

Don't let the Jabberwocky book above scare you - my boys love it. My oldest son memorized Lewis Carroll's classic nonsensical poem in kindergarten and taught it to our entire family. It is out loud poetry perfection


If you think the illustrations above might frighten your youngest children, try this:
Poetry Selection for April 5th:

What are some of your favorite family poems - please share.

xoxo Michele

1 comment:

Angela said...

Your pictures are precious and the clay recipe looks great. So glad I found your blog!