Friday, March 16, 2012

A Week Of Wonder: The Links

 I swiped Edie's Photo.

I'm still walking with the words of life spoken by Edie last Saturday and the four additional Pearl Girls. Edie has started a new blog, Life In Grace Girls, and we are all invited to submit a post of our own while visiting and encouraging the other bloggers. Interested? Check out the blog and then contact Edie at edie@lifeingracegirls.com.

Charity and I met at the Pearl Event. I was immediately smitten by her effortless ability to make everyone feel at home (I originally thought she was running the event). Her beautiful blog, The Heartfelt Home, is the epitome of her sharing spirit, and I'm grateful to call her a friend I know in real life.

Have you seen the movie, Game Change? While it wasn't super flattering of Sarah, it was of McCain. I'm now swooning over this book. And craving grapefruit for breakfast. Woody ate grapefruit in almost every scene (actually only twice, but it seemed like every scene). 


We are making this tomorrow - here's hoping it turns out better than this.

We will be attending the Summit Coffee Leprechaun Loop 8k on Saturday night with our friends and neighbors. If you're nearby and can make it, put on some green and get ready to party. No, I'm not running (or jogging or even fast walking) - I'll be working the corner (that doesn't sound good) of Mimosa and South Street, cheering on the runners with Rocket and our family. Summit Coffee will be hosting the afterparty with live music, food and drink. 

I wouldn't have discovered the beautiful brilliance of Lin at Stylephile without the help of DavidsonNews.Net. So thankful for our local online news source that offers so much more than just local news.

Have you become obsessed with Booklover yet? Don't say I didn't warn you.

Claire at The Captive Reader is my newest online fabulous find. I'm planning to join her Library Loot just as soon as life stops boxing my ears. Daylight savings called and wanted her hours back: I'm not a fan. 

Please visit your local library this weekend.

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day.

xoxo Michele



7 comments:

Cha Cha said...

I am crying from your sweetness and laughing that you nailed my need to be in control. I love you!! I think I might be almost ready to press publish on my post. Thank you for being with me on that special day.

Cha Cha

See Jamie blog said...

Popping over from Charity's blog; she's become a real-life friend, and she is pretty great, isn't she? ;)

My 1st time to visit your blog, but looks like a lovely place to visit. I'm a serious book-lover, too!

Pam said...

My Avocado Pie is chilling in the fridge. I'll let you know what my family thought of it.

I am LOVD said...

Lookin' good, Michele!!! Gosh, this is a goal of mine, to attend a blog event somewhere, someday. Looks like so much fun.

{darlene} @ fieldstonehill said...

Hi Cha Cha! Hi Edie! Hi Michele!!! Can I squeeze in there? It sounds like the weekend was a blessing!!!!!
hugs friend!

Allie said...

Thanks for your inspiring blog.
Took my boys this week to the Sara Hightower Library here in Rome, Ga, and they were on cloud nine. We will definitely be going more often, especially since we can take a nice long walk along the river afterwards. I checked out "Wildwood" and am looking forward to starting it tomorrow. I will be back to keep up with more book suggestions. Thank you so much for encouraging this little adventure!

Michele said...

Cha Cha, you sweetie!! Thank you for introducing me to all these new
inspiring women, like Jamie right below you in the comments.

Hope your pie was delicious, Pam! We loved it - so easy to make and my hubby thought it was a key lime pie - he couldn't tell.

Lilly, my hope is we will find a conference that is part way between us and meet there this year. You are such a source of encouragement to me.

Missed you, Darlene! Must meet soon - because of your faithful cheerleading and optimism, my blog is here today.

Allie - you made my week. You are the reason why I blog. If we all visit our local libraries - and see the importance and beauty that awaits us there - they won't close. That is my passion, it is my purpose.

xoxo michele