Monday, March 12, 2012

Rapid Heartbeat In 3, 2, 1...

Putting books, music, movies and magazines on hold at your local library is a gift you give yourself - and your family. When I walk in and see the bestowal of borrowed beauty waiting for me on the hold shelf, it's a blissful day ~ no matter what else is happening. 

How do you put material on hold? Just log onto your local library website, or try our local library website below. Yes, I've really put our local library website on my blog and you can test it out right now. Note: this won't work if you are viewing in your reader - you will have to pop on over to my blog. Sorry. 

  Catalog   Website  SEARCH   My Account  |  Get a Card  |  Pay Fines  |  Classic Catalog  |  Mobile

Go ahead and enter a subject or book/movie/magazine title in the Search Catalog/Website field right now - it is completely painless, I promise - then press the "SEARCH" key
If you type in "Details, Lili Diallo" (okay, I might be a teeny bit obsessed with that book) the next page will bring up that book. Click on the book - which will bring you to the page that will have the two most beautiful words you've ever seen: Request Item. Click on "Request Item" and a small window will open and ask you for your library card number and your pin number. If this is your first time ordering online, it will ask you how you want to be notified that your item is ready to be picked up (I prefer email). 

In less than 60 heartbeats you have put a gift for you or your family on hold.



Is your heart racing a little faster? Mine is. What will you borrow today?

xoxo Michele

4 comments:

theelfqueen said...

I picked up...are you ready for this? 24 items -- about half on hold today... and missed one of my holds!!! ARGH!!!

Several audio books for in the car, every book on model rocketry the library has in hopes that something would be trig-light enough for my 10 year old to use for his science project. Some misc kids' stuff including several Garfield collections (apparently Garfield is currently beating out Calvin and Hobbes after years of Tiger supremacy)

Michele said...

I love it! And you make me laugh out loud with the 24 items - do you borrow your children's cards? I admit it, I do it all the time - 10 holds per card isn't enough. Ever.

Did you miss the book because they didn't have it on the hold shelf yet? I'm sometimes notified that I have books waiting but they are still in the back (not on the hold shelf yet).

Model rocketry sounds incredible, how you'll post his project once it is completed.

We heart Calvin and Hobbes - Peanuts is a close second, but we will have to throw in some Garfield soon. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

Karen L R said...

Please cross your fingers for us today!

http://www.acorn-online.com/joomla15/theridgefieldpress/news/localnews/116915-voting-on-new-library-grant-all-day-today.html

eggthoughts said...

This one made me smile! Yep, I definitely picked up 3 books, 2 cd's, and a tv show season on dvd from the hold shelf earlier today!

It is seriously SO convenient! While I still like just browsing the library in person.. it's great to be able to hear of or think of a book, pick up my phone (my library has a great smart phone app), search for and request an item.. or look to see if my books are at the library yet.

hahah you know what, my heart IS racing a little faster! I must love books or something. :) ~Frances