Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Heart Library Living At Home: The Music


“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, 
flight to the imagination, and life to everything.”   ~ Plato



I'm intentional with music. Rather than download a song from the internet, we bring home the cd from the library. We read the lyrics and liner notes like a book. We study the photographs of the artists as we listen to their songs. 


Right now we are obsessed with the soundtrack from the musical, The Lion King. My daydreams are underscored by the haunting beauty of The Grasslands Chant. My daughter whistles I Just Can't Wait To Be King while feeding her guinea pigs. Our son carries this around the neighborhood, sharing with his friends.


This borrowed beauty and so much more is just waiting for you at your local library. Hope you'll share the magic of intentional music with your children today.






You can find all of my Library Living At Home posts here.








xoxo Michele





4 comments:

theelfqueen said...

My current library music obsession is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I've been checking out all sorts of stuff from them.

Sheila @E2gather said...

the library is a great place to get music...used to do it more when my kiddos were little and we were at the library more. thanks for reminding me ; )

Bookish Hobbit said...

My musical obsession is The Little Mermaid on Broadway. Simply wonderful! I'm also a big fan of getting the CDs from the library.

Michele said...

Dear Hobbit - that is my daughter's favorite musical (must have something to do with the name...) and her grandmother took her to see one of their final performances on Broadway a few years ago. We borrowed the music from the library before she went so she was completely familiar with the music - she still sings "The World Above" once in awhile. The musical "Shrek" is another one of our faves.

Thank you for visiting.