Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Heart Shel Silverstein

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
                                                                                                                                                            ~ Shel Silverstein

His poetry speaks to the child in all of us and should be introduced to everyone you love dearly. You can find all of his beauty at your local library.

                           
xoxo Michele


4 comments:

Jill said...

I love Shel Silverstein too--his poetry brings back happy memories of my childhood and helps me create new memories with my own children.

I am LOVD said...

This quote gave me chills. I think Shel Silverstein is a great example of someone doing exactly what they were born to do!

Pam said...

I've had that poem on my fridge since I was in my mid-20's -- Well before I had my own children.

Sheila @E2gather said...

Shel and Dr. Seuss are two of my all time favorite authors. Peanut Butter Sandwich is a story I have read over and over to my kiddos! I heart Shel too!