Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Heart Library Living At Home

Lovely Lilly asked me, "What do your bookshelves say about you?" We have books in almost every room of our home, but most don't live on the shelves. 

My favorite bookshelves can't be bought, but you can always borrow them.

The bookshelves I heart don't even reside in my home, and yet they are my bookshelves
If you library, they are your shelves, too.



We borrow all kinds of beauty and set up shop all over our house. I would love for you to come back tomorrow and take a peek at how we library at home. Just promise me you'll ignore the bedraggled carpets and dust bunnies everywhere. 


We'll start with my Achilles heel, I mean the place with all the food...

5 comments:

I am LOVD said...

You are too cute, Michele! I have to laugh because I see books piled high with that same white library number sticker on the spine in my home, as well. I love your badge theme for librarying at home - so creative.

Have you ever walked into a home where there was not a single book to be found? Scary!

Beth said...

This might be my favorite of your posts! LOVE the pictures. And the arrows.

Michele said...

Years ago I would bring home stacks of books and shuffle them around. But making a home for them in almost every room assures that we are all reading books, listening to music, creating masterpieces in both the kitchen and the craft area (dining room table) and watching movies - all thanks to the library. I'm with you, Lilly. Some people walk into homes and check out furniture, design, etc. but I'm looking for books...funny, right?

Beth! Thank you!! Speaking of books and home libraries I adore - it is yours!! Well, they come second to your family, of course.

xoxo michele

Ruth said...

I love books, shelves filled with books, and the library. Awesome pics here. I came over from Life in Grace Girls.
Ruth

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Michele,

I've just discovered your blog...literally...and am already smitten! I recognize a kindred spirit when I see one! What a wonderful blog...I admire the way you think!
Warmly,
Tracey
XoX

"How frugal is the chariot that carries the human soul."
:)))