Monday, February 20, 2012

I Heart Imperfect {Borrowed} Beauty

 Today I'm celebrating imperfect beauty with The Nester.


Say hey to my smoochie bunny bookend with the imperfect ear.

Knowing all of Sir Georgie's brokenness just makes me love him more. He's borrowed beauty (a great yard sale find), just like the books he supports (they came home with us from the library). 


  
Beauty can be borrowed, that is what the library has taught me. And borrowing rather than buying has opened my eyes to another truth: sharing makes life simpler, sweeter. Really. There is less stress on so many levels when you share. Did you ever notice how serene libraries are? Yep. It's because they have perfected the art of sharing.


Thank you, Nester, for sharing your imperfect beauty with all of us. When a brave soul shares, others feel less embarrassed to be real. Especially when your tablecloth is really a shower curtain, and it clashes with the pattern on the lampshade. And the oranges can't stand the madness any longer so they roll across the table... but are ultimately foiled by the bulwark bananas. Madness I tell you. 



Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
~ C.S. Lewis

Share your lovely, imperfect self with others and let the library share its borrowed beauty with you.

xoxo Michele

4 comments:

Karen L R said...

Have you read "simply imperfect, revisiting the wabi-sabi home", by Robyn Griggs Lawrence?

I recommend it to you. I think you'll love it.

Michele said...

Thank you, Karen!! I just put it on hold at the library (love the internet) - the cover looks divine.

xoxo michele

I am LOVD said...

I'm requesting a hold on that one myself - looks so interesting! I also pinned your latest creation - swooning that yellow color!

Michele said...

Thank you, Lilly!