Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why I Love My Job

Being taught how to use Mac Photo Booth by a three year old: priceless.

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love My Job:

10. Coffee takes a backseat to imagination as the habitual stimulant.
9.   Laughter rules, serious totally drools.
8.   Our sad conversations are frequently sung to the tune of "Don't Cry For Me              
      Argentina" and our happy talks to "I'm Coming Up So You Better Get This 
      Party Started".
7.   We roll with a tricked out red squeaky stroller. Don't hate us.
6.   Hair and makeup are optional, and mixy-matchy outfits of the stretchy 
      variety are always in fashion.
5.   Nap time. Need I say more?
4.   Open mike moments are spontaneous and surprisingly entertaining.   
3.   Party Lunch hour involves bibs, sippy cups, singing frogs and dancing fruit.
2.   Hugs - not handshakes - rule our world.
1.   Reading is a top priority so library visits are often a daily highlight. 

Do you love your job? What are your top ten reasons?

xoxo Michele

5 comments:

Jennie@gotmyreservations said...

Today is probably not a good day to list 10 reasons why I love my job. Or maybe it would be good to focus on the positive rather than the negative. Thanks for this lovely reminder!

Kristi said...

I ADORE these reasons, Michelle!! My favorite (and perhaps because I identify with it the most): "mixy-matchy outfits of the stretchy variety are always in fashion!" My youngest will head to kindergarten in the fall and it just makes me want to cry. Love the way this list just sums up the beauty of this age. Happy New Year to you and yours!
{HUGS},
kristi

I am LOVD said...

Love my job as a SAHM! My son was in daycare for 2.5 years when I was an engineer and then there was a massive layoff - best thing that ever happened to me. Here's my list of all the various hats I wear and why I love it so much:

10. Life is less stressful.
9. I feel more grounded and at peace.
8. I feel my staying home is directly affecting my son's childhood for the better.
7. My time is mostly my own to do with what I choose.
6. I don't answer to anyone above me who doesn't know crap.
5. Office politics is a thing of the past.
4. So is business travel.
3. With all of my involvement with the school, working with kids, etc., I feel I have balance in my life.
2. The wardrobe is more casual.
1. I have freedom to what I really want to do, how I want to do it.

Amber said...

Love it Michele! I may do a post like this

Liz said...

I love reason #7.

I love my job as well.