Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, Old Reads


You've got to love a town that has this type of sign made for it's library. Davidson has made signs with divine toppers for other important town landmarks, you can see them here, but this is my favorite.


This year I plan to read a lot more classics, starting with her. She moved over 12 times by six years of age. She grew up calling Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry Thoreau neighbors and dear friends of the family (she may have had a secret teen crush on one of them). Her own personal story is as fascinating as the books she wrote. These books will give you the entire, remarkable scoop. Jennie has extended an open invitation to her Louisa Challenge in 2012 - hope you'll join us!

That arrow above is pointing to an endless treasure of borrowed beauty. But here is the best part: you get to keep the knowledge.

Where are you beginning your reading journey in 2012?


xoxo Michele 

2 comments:

I am LOVD said...

I put in a request for the Louisa book. Hope it comes in time. Man I really need to visit your quaint town. With markers like that, I can't help but falling in love with a town I have never even met. I did drink the coffee though and it was heavenly:-)

Jennie@gotmyreservations said...

Michele, thanks for all of your support! The prompts went up last night for Sunday's first Louisa Challenge.
http://gotmyreservations.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/the-louisa-challenge-january-prompts/

I love how you used the signpost for your header and it sent me looking for a new header for my blog. You have been really inspirational for me; yesterday I did a lot of blog revitalization and taught myself some new blog tricks.

Based on this post, it sounds as though you enjoyed the backstage look at Louisa's life. I can't wait to read about what struck your fancy from the biographies.