Thursday, January 19, 2012

Library Lessons


The sweetest neighbors gave us their piano at Christmas. Our daughter is psyched at the prospect of lessons, but a tsunami of regret washes over me as I remember being her age; my blazing red John Thompson's piano book battered and bruised from me drop kicking it all the way to my piano teacher's house each week, wishing I could be one of the many children in my neighborhood playing tag or riding bikes or, well, doing anything other than P@!#ANO.

Sweet redemption found me in section 786 of our local library. What once seemed like torture is now a source of relaxation. 



Our family calls them library lessons - a delightful, painless way to learn at your own leisure. 

How will the library nurture you today?

xoxo Michele

4 comments:

I am LOVD said...

Ugh! I did the Thompson books as well. My son learned (is learning) from a series called Alfred. Very kid-friendly, flashcards, accompanying cd - very fun!

theelfqueen said...

How neighborly! I have lots of Beth-y thoughts in my head.

Kerry Rossow said...

I love this! What a great image you wrote!
Have an awesome weekend!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

Michele said...

Lilly, thanks for the recommend. At this stage in my life I need fun.

Merrick, you and I are both having Beth-y thoughts lately. Love it.

Kerry - thanks for the love. Have a great weekend as well.