Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cookbook Crushes {Day 05}: TV Chefs


You would think this cookbook would be enough, right? Never. That is why I crush on the library. They get me and my need for hundreds of cookbooks. I hardly cook from them, much to my husband's dismay, but I certainly crush on their beauty.


Pair Cake Boss with Sam Cooke (my daughter's swoonie fave)

I pair them with great music, but most of the time I'm reading and drooling over the pages with a glass of Lambrusco, while my hubby does the prep work and most of the cooking. He even does the dishes. And when inspiration hits, usually coincides with a blue moon, I'll wake up on a Saturday morning and spend 12 solid hours in the kitchen. Cooking. 

You'll find one of my all-time favorite, swooning crushes here. I've actually made delicious meals from this dreamy book.

I also dream of channeling Sheila

I think Julia Child is on to something - possibly it's fear of failure (remember my apple pie crust?). But mostly it has to do with the fact that 2 hours of work produces 10 minutes of eating and my children - unless they helped prepare dinner - look at the creation as more of a science experiment than a meal. So I'd rather have cereal. Or homemade bread, which I'll be crushing on tomorrow.

But it's all good - this series was about crushes, not cooking, right?

My favorite TV Chef Crush doesn't have a cookbook, he doesn't even have a TV show anymore, but you can find him here. Was I the only one who watched him?

This seven day series was inspired by Rosie, a fabulous local librarian, and it started here.

Don't forget to enter my giveaways, here and here.

xoxo Michele

No comments: