Monday, November 14, 2011

Cookbook Crushes {Day 02}: Breakfast of Champions, Or Was That Chimpanzees


Breakfasts can be beauty you look forward to, even on Monday mornings. We bring our trusty boombox into the kitchen and make it a party. Save the OMG Pancakes for a Saturday morning when you have plenty of time to spend creating with the kids. The one collection I'm currently crushing on is Bubby's Brunch Cookbook. And the Love Actually soundtrack. Completely swooning. You'll feel like you're in New York City. Or maybe I'm just really good at pretending.

This seven day series was inspired by Rosie, a local librarian, and it started here.

Don't forget to enter my Summit Coffee giveaway here. Just comment once so it's fair for everyone - but you can comment each day - love hearing from all of you daily. The winner will be chosen by Random.org on Thursday evening. I'll be featuring another giveaway on Wednesday.

What breakfast pairing would you pick up from your library today?

xoxo Michele

4 comments:

I am LOVD said...

Harry Potter's Cookbook caught my eye...I feel a weekend theme and marathon brewing in my head...

eggthoughts said...

Some of my friends just did a Harry Potter movie marathon and made "butterbeer"! How fun!

I get lots of cookbooks from the library. It's great for trying something new, I've come up with a lot of favorite recipes this way! Recently I made a variation of a muffin recipe from The Bread Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum, which I checked out from the library, I posted it here: http://eggthoughts.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/a-report-from-the-muffin-frontier/

I am loving this series, what a fantastic idea! Genius to pair cookbooks and music, too... that's totally the way my family cooks as well! ~Frances

LeslieP said...

How funny! I just picked up Bubby's
Brunch Cookbook from my library a few weeks ago. I like the pairing with the Love Actually soundtrack. Although, I am really interested in the French Cafe music, too.

Jennie@gotmyreservations said...

Oh, Michele. You've hit it this time. The Love Actually movie is one of my all-time favorites at Christmas (or any time of the year). I blogged about it last year. http://wp.me/pP2Ot-k1

Somehow I don't own the soundtrack, though. I think my daughter may have sent me some of the music and it is still on my old computer. I need to add that to my stack of music for my iTunes download.

I'm not such a fan of Sandra Lee (she's way too syrupy sweet for me) but the Bubby's Brunch cookbook sounds interesting!