Sunday, October 23, 2011

31 Days of Library Living {Day 23}: Avant Les Film

We love the movies, not the prices. If you live in the Charlotte, NC, area ~ you are in for a treat. The Gem Theater in Kannapolis features new movies for around $3 a ticket, and their concession stand prices make you feel guilty for burying candy in your purse like a squirrel preparing for winter. And they have an old-fashioned balcony, so my youngest son can run all the way to the tippy top and insist on sitting right below the projector. Which actually is kinda fun.


When my cousin Melissa told me that this movie is coming out in December, I danced the Sprinkler. My oldest son discovered TinTin and his smoochie dog, Snowy, at our library earlier this year. Are you dancing the Sprinkler yet?



The comic-style books are for children 10 years and up. And if you fall in love with the illustrations, like I have, you will want to pick up the first book for yourself. Oh, Herge, you are the swooniest.



Which reminds me, there is also this movie coming out around the same time:

Surprising your children with a collection like this from the library makes you pretty popular, let me tell you:



I just can't get enough of TinTin and Snowy.

The library - where to go before the movies.



This series, 31 Days of Library Living, started here. Please join me for the month, maybe even follow me forever on this blog by email or subscribe to my posts - I would be honored.

Are you a 31 Dayer? Leave me a message, I would love to come visit you. 

For a list of all of the 31 Dayers, click here.
For the amazing girl behind all of this 31 Days magic, click here.

xoxo Michele

1 comment:

I am LOVD said...

Bravo, Michele! Can you believe you've been posting everyd day for 23 days and you're more than half way? Was it harder than you expected?