Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Days of Library Living {Day 05}: Library Like You Mean It


Amazing Amber brought up a great point in a comment yesterday,
and I wanted to share my thoughts on the subject.
None of us know what the future may bring,
and talk of libraries being a thing of the past
is as common as cell phones (I don't have one of those)
and big screen TV's (don't have one of those either).
But I do know how to become a library advocate: check out material.
Yep. It's that simple. 

Circulation matters, and you can
help your local library by checking out books, music, movies and
magazines, etc. on a weekly/regular basis.
Please note: I am not advocating a wild run on the libraries.
That would make me an anti-library advocate.
If you haven't visited your local library lately, go this weekend and 
check out a book. Or an Oprah magazine. Or two. Or twenty.
For more inspiration, click here.
Don't have a card? Click here.


Do you have a library topic you'd like me to cover?
I would love to hear from you.

This series, 31 Days of Library Living started here. Hope you'll join me for the month, maybe even follow me forever on this blog by email or subscribe to my posts - I would be honored. Your encouraging comments and feedback is a joy to me ~ I cherish each and every one. Thank you for inspiring me to continue my passion of raising awareness of the awesomeness of the library!

xoxo Michele

4 comments:

eggthoughts said...

I love your 31 days topic. :) Hope you are enjoying this month as much as I am!

Even back when there was "just" leave it to beaver and other tv shows to pull people away from books and the library, it was still a choice to make.

Technology has made my library easier to use, though! It is really easy to request materials and look up due dates online or on my phone. :)

Kristin said...

Just found your 31 Days. I love libraries. In fact, my husband I met when we both worked at the library during college. <3

Ilona said...

This is a great topic for 31 days. I love libraries too :) I don't think they'll be disappearing an time soon as they have a wide variety of materials today and the librarians can help when you're looking for information. Plus it's a free service (well, payed by us taxpayers but it's money well spent!).

Michele said...

Thank you for your encouragement! My passion has always been about reading for fun, reading for knowledge, reading for every and no reason at all. It has been a joy to share this with my children and the big wide world out there - Kristin, what a fantastic way to meet your husband! And I agree with you, Francis - technology has sped up my ability to put books on hold. Ilona, hope you are right - that is my prayer.

xoxo michele