Monday, October 3, 2011

31 Days of Library Living {Day 04}: Access To Knowledge

"My mother and father were illiterate immigrants from Russia...

...When I was a child they were constantly amazed that I could go
to a building and take a book on any subject...


...They couldn't believe this access to knowledge we have here in America...

...They couldn't believe that it was free."  ~ Kirk Douglas

Nick found this book today at the library and read it most of the walk home.
What was the latest treasure you found at your library?



For more inspiration, click here.


This series, 31 Days of Library Living started here. Hope you'll join me for the month, maybe even follow me forever on this blog by email or subscribe to my posts - I would be honored. Your encouraging comments and feedback is a joy to me ~ I cherish each and every one. Thank you for inspiring me to continue my passion of raising awareness of the awesomeness of the library!

xoxo Michele

7 comments:

I am LOVD said...

Our latest find if a series from my husband's childhood: Danny Dunn. Hard to find but worth it.

Candy said...

Thanks for stopping by my 31 days of a Canon XTi! I love your 31 days topic, I'll be following along!

Amy Sullivan said...

So it is my dream, as in DREAM to have my own library (tiny, house library, of course), and to have a sliding laddar. Some dream of cars and clothes, oh, I'd love that library.

Amber said...

Wow, that quote is very powerful.

I just sat and listened to a family member talk about how libraries will soon be a thing of the past and I thought, "I must become more of an advocate."

{darlene} said...

oh, I just love that quote!! free knowledge is a beautiful blessing!!!!

Shelley. said...

Tuesdays are my kindergartener's Library day at school. Tuesdays are his new favorite day. I love it. He plans out in advance what he'd like to find a book about. Today he proudly brought home a book about sharks. My latest personal library find is Sophie Kinsella. Also, when we didn't have cable, my husband and I watched the entire five seasons of Alias for a year through our library. Libraries are endless fun.

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My site:
dsl vergleichen und dsl vergleich