Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back To School And Some Teamwork



Each month, 
the library offers a
theme to help
 prepare for school. 

September is Teamwork. 




Don't let the word Kindergarten fool you - there
are great tips and activities for  
preschool and all elementary ages.

For more information, click here.

Speaking of teamwork, two of my children
teamed up
and let me know that they wanted
a library gift collection tailored for them
since I brought home this library gift collection for Nick.


Sweet library, did you catch that? 
They are using library and gift in the same sentence.
Yes, this makes me positively giddy.

Presenting Arielle's Library Gift Collection:

Watch: Nancy Drew
Listen: Nancy Drew


There are some of you jumping up and down right now
because the library has a Nancy Drew Cookbook!! 
I know - it's awesome!



Last but never least...

Presenting John's Library Gift Collection:

Listen: Seussical

Yes, friends. Take a moment to breathe deeply.
The library has a Dr. Seuss Cookbook as well.
I have kids in the kitchen cooking.
I'm resting on the couch.
Not really. It isn't a magic book,
but the smile on John's face is priceless.
Like that Big Green Book of Beginner Books ~
You'll want to keep it forever

Style. Without Spending. Sweet.


What library gift collection will you bring home
for your children today?
For you?
Your significant other?


xoxo Michele

3 comments:

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

You always make the best selections and movie/book pairings! I got a good dose of nostalgia today, because my kids loved the Berenstain Bear books. These days I feel like I might pull a Mama Bear from "The Berenstain Bears and The Messy Room".

I did not know there was a Dr. Seuss cookbook - that I have to borrow!

the cul-de-sac said...

Love it all! The kindergarten materials are particularly relevant to me right now, but I almost squealed when I saw your Nancy Drew collection. I *deeply heart* Nancy Drew and am impatient for the day when my oldest will be old enough to enjoy her....

And here's to teaching the kids to cook so their mamas can rest on their adirondack chairs in the garden! ;)

Michele said...

Thank you, sweet friends!! My daughter is on cloud nine, which would put me on cloud ten - I loved Nancy Drew and look forward to cooking with her - the kitchen has always been a mystery to me! ;)

xoxo michele