Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Darling Buds Of May


The library has the most awesome 
Shakespeare books for children.
Funny, engaging and most importantly,
they fall in love with the Bard of Avon.



I brought a few of these home for our daughter.
Our oldest son sat down on the couch next
to me and complained that these were
the most ridiculous situations he had ever heard,
but he kept moving closer to me as I read.
 He was transported to the world of Shakespeare.



Now we are starting this:

My dear husband bought this for me at an
antique store in the Blue Ridge Mountains this summer.

He is so my Romeo.
Without all the tragedy. Don't get me wrong, we have 
our drama, just not all that dying and family feuding. 

Stop by the library and pick up Shakespeare
for your children today. 
Before those darling buds become big.

And they become big awfully fast.

Which is your favorite Shakespeare tale?

xoxo Michele

2 comments:

the cul-de-sac said...

Loving these books! These are new to me, and I can't wait to introduce them to my oldest. Thanks much!

Michele said...

You are so welcome!! Hope she enjoys them as much as we have - the letters are hilarious!!

xoxo michele