Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who Took My Fabulous?

Dance: Zumba
Listen: Pink

Lately, my fabulous has been sleeping with the fishes. 
Overeating burgers with grilled onions and blue cheese at dinner.
 Watching Law and Order marathons with buttered popcorn. S'mores
by the fire pit. Peanut M&M's while reading Bill Bryson's At Home.
Somebody stop me, please.  

The library offers sweet inspiration.
I love you, Zumba. Especially since I don't desire to shake 
my grove thing amongst the barbies at the gym. Nigella,
please let me channel some of your fabulosity. She lifts
my mood simply by sharing a diet coke in the kitchen
while discussing her veggie dishes and salmon for
my fish-loving son. Yes, I talk to books ~ but only
when no one is around. And I'm positively giddy when
Clinton comes for a visit. His tips and tricks almost are
enough to help me remember not to wear my sweats to
the market and my hair in pony tail for church. Almost. 
Last week I ran into a friend at Harris Teeter and she asked
me if I just came from the dog park and ~ embarrassed to tell
the truth ~ I said yes. Sweats
at home, Michele. sweats. at. home.
Say what you will about Pink, her music inspires me to 
move. And reminds me that I'm pretty gosh darn perfect.
Before long, my fabulous will resurface like a phoenix.
Without spending a dime.

What inspires your fabulous?

xoxo Michele

4 comments:

Fairfield House said...

Michele,

LOVE Pink! Looking around my home for spy cams since you've blogged about my life. Sure, that Dog Park story works now, but just wait til they realize you never owned a dog. :/

Deborah

the cape on the corner said...

i LOVE the library. i call myself a library advocate, and in fact have blogged that love multiple times. how great meeting someone who shares the same sentiments. my library charges for cds and videos, unfortunately. it isn't a lot, but my old library used to have them for free, so based on principle i don't like to pay for them. but i didn't know about the zumba! great idea!

{darlene} said...

adoring your blog!!! i'd say it's pretty fabulous.

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

You had me at burgers with grilled onions and blue cheese. That's how I like 'em too!