Friday, July 1, 2011

Under God

Listen: Toby Mac Tonight
Read: Under God

Finishing my first week of blogging with our 
family favorite collection.
Amazing movie. 
The hippest cookbook on the planet.
And our favorite family band, Toby Mac
His book is a great read aloud ~ building knowledge of
our country's history and bringing the family together.

All from the library - freedom from spending.


When Toby comes to the Charlotte area, we stalk him. Our oldest son 
had the chance to shake his hand when he came in October of '09.
Our dear friend Nester and her family joined the party.
Great memories.

Thank you for allowing me to share my passion.
I am grateful for all the warm feedback 
and overwhelming encouragement.

And a huge thank you to the Charlotte Meck Public Library.
You are a place of beauty.

Have a safe and memorable 4th of July!

xoxo Michele 

7 comments:

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

O.K., I just had to laugh when I saw "Amazing Grace" as your movie suggestion. Just this weekend my husband wanted to watch that, but all of the girls in this house vetoed his suggestion. He wasn't happy. Maybe we'll have to do that tonight.

Thanks for following me! I'm following you back!

FairfieldHouse said...

Michele,

Thanks for these suggestions. I am always looking for a good book and new music! What a thrill it must have been for your son at Toby's concert. Sounds like a great time was had by your family and Nester's.

I'll be back!

Have a happy 4th!
Deborah

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Love the concept of your blog - Want to look into the Mary Cassatt book, she's my favorite artist, I just love her work! Have seen the video from the library (I heart the library too!), but books usually have more and better information. Thanks for visiting me at Redo 101. I'm your newest "follower."

Kari said...

Totally and completely LOVE this blog! PLEASE keep posting! I can't tell you how much this will help me find good books to read aloud and all the other things to do too! L.O.V.E. IT!!!! :o)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

We love Toby Mac too ... always have him on the iPod when I hit the treadmill. How fun your son got to shake his hand.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

{darlene} said...

I love your suggestions. Now, I need to do it! Time to "order" from the library this week!

Michele said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies! Nester's children and my children didn't want to wash their hand for a week or two. Or ever. His music is so inspiring. Yea, Darlene! Please let me know what you order! xoxo michele