Monday, July 25, 2011

Last Request

Listen: Paolo Nutini

We want to go back. Suspend time and just go back.

Fireworks.
Crab hunting under a full moon.
Snow cones.
Salt water kissed lips.
Ocean whitecaps lulling us with one endless love song.  
Dolphin Watching.
Making new friends.
Condo baked cookies.
Sun ripened peaches from a local farm
which made our peach cobbler heavenly.
Grandmother hugs and kisses.
{There is nothing sweeter.}
Sand Castles.
Boogie Boarding.
Beach napping.
Fresh sea food.
Holding hands.
Sunburned shoulders.
Midnight giggles.
Cousins sleeping three to a bed.
Laughing until our sides hurt.
Reading until my eyes cried for sleep.


The collection from the library won't take me back.
But it propels me forward, until my last request is granted. 
Dreaming of the day
 we bring our family together again.

xoxo Michele


P.S. Paolo - I am claiming you as family on my Italian hubby's side, because I am sweet like that.
Your presence is requested at all future family holidays. xoxo michele 

2 comments:

The Cul-de-Sac said...

Your post sums up my idea of a perfect vacation. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!

{darlene} said...

summer. stay...