Friday, July 8, 2011

Human Nature

Watch: Water

This quote inspired Jhumpa Lahiri's title to one of my
favorite books of short stories. I re-read it every
few years. She reaches my inner dialogue that I don't
share with others. I want to say each story is a work of art,
but really they are a work of the human heart.


Her ability to take words and create pictures
of our hopes, fears and everything in-between
astounds me.

The movie stays with you long after it is over.
Please watch it.


Dear Ms. Jaffrey, my daughter requests the honor of your 
presence anytime you wish to visit us. 
Will you adopt us?




Love that the library dares us to expand our horizons
and venture into the world fearlessly - like a angelic tour guide.
It is a triumph of human nature.

xoxo Michele

5 comments:

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

I thought about you and your blog when I we went to the library on Tuesday. I looked for the graphic novel version of the Odyssey. Unfortunately it wasn't available but we did find The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I love Madhur Jaffrey's cooking.

Molly said...

i adore jhumpa lahiri. and one of my wishes is to be able to cook like an indian! i'll have to check out that cook book. seems like i heard an interview on npr with madhur jaffrey once upon a time. i'll have to check out "water" too. love your blog!

{darlene} said...

oooh. you have me intrigued. Is it "unaccustomed earth" that you are referring to as one of your favorites? sounds wonderful... especially the part about digging into your inner dialog.

The Cul-de-Sac said...

Love this collection. I absolutely love everything Lahiri writes. I will follow through on your recommendation for Water.

Michele said...

Darlene - yes, the book Unaccustomed Earth by Lahiri - it is fantastic.
My fave Cul-de-Sac - you won't regret the time you gave to the movie.
xoxo michele