Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Greats

Drink: Michael Jackson's Beer Companion

We went to Asheville this past weekend. 
And were inspired by greatness.

   
The grandeur of the mountains.
The beauty of a door.
The majesty of stone.


The craftsmanship of artists.

Asheville has inspired
 aristocrats, activists,


artists and authors
since its inception. 

Photo Courtesy of the Grove Park Inn

Oh, and golf.
The movie is a family favorite.
Okay, it is mine. All mine. Love it. Can quote it.
But I won't. You're welcome.


 I used to play back in the day when I was 
single and carefree. And had spending money.
And a defined waistline.

Now when we go to Asheville, I drink beer.
That doesn't sound too good, does it? They 
have so many great local beers it is hard to choose. 
Michael's beer companion is a trusty guide. 

The Great Gatsby is timely, considering all that is
going on in our big beautiful world. A classic summer read.

And Ella, she is timeless.
 Introduce her to your children today.
The trip would not have been possible without 
these great people, my children's grandparents. 

The Library - guardians of greatness.

xoxo Michele

5 comments:

Lula said...

poor gatsby

Natalie said...

Man! I am loving your blog. "Defined waistline..." you are too funny! Now, we are off to the library!

Kerry Rossow said...

I love me some Ella Fitzgerald!
"Defined Waistline..." Love it.
Thanks for visiting HouseTalkN today!
Enjoy the weekend!
Kerry

The Cul-de-Sac said...

Love this collection! And I need to get to Asheville soon --- looks so beautiful!

Beth said...

Catching up on our collections here! Love this one. We just picked up the album "Ella Fitzgerald's Playground" from the kids' section this morning. Or, as Zoƫ calls it, "Elephant Gerald's Playground."